COMPLAINTS MANAGEMENT FUNCTION CONTACT DETAILS
Name: Mr Roderic Owen-Thomas
Telephone: 0203 983 9499
Address: 35 Berkeley Square, Mayfair, London, W1J 5BF
E-mail: [email protected]
Any complaint verbal or written will be referred to our Complaints Management Function at the earliest opportunity.
Acknowledge the complaint in writing promptly
Give details in our acknowledgement letter of the Financial Ombudsman Service
Make contact to seek clarification on any points where necessary
Fully investigate the complaint
Keep you informed of our progress
Discuss with you our findings and proposed response
You will receive contact from us advising on progress if we cannot respond immediately. We will let you have our final response as soon as possible and not later than eight weeks.
ADVISER OR PROVIDER
Clients often express dissatisfaction to their adviser about the product provider. We will need to establish whether or not your complaint relates to the advice given, the adviser service or the service or performance of the product provider. If unclear, this will not delay investigation and we will proceed with our own investigation. The Complaints Management Function will review this matter and take the complaint to the provider, if appropriate, in consultation with you.
The Complaints Management Function will establish the nature and scope of your complaint having due regards to the Financial Conduct Authority’s direction:
- Deal with complaints promptly and fairly
- Give complainants clear replies and, where appropriate, fair redress
It is the firm’s policy to treat all complainants the same, however, eligible complainants are legally defined and have additional rights in law that we must acknowledge and adhere to.
The Financial Conduct Authority complaints rules apply to complaints:
- Made by, or on behalf of an eligible complainant;
- Relating to regulated activity;
- Involving an allegation that the complainant has suffered, or may suffer, financial loss, material distress or material inconvenience;
This will set out clearly the firm’s decision and the reasons for it. If any compensation is offered a clear method of calculation will be shown.
We will include details of the Financial Ombudsman Service in the final response if dealing with an eligible complainant and a regulated activity. We will:
- Explain that the complainant must refer the matter to the ombudsman within six months of the date of this letter or the right to use this service is lost
- Indicate whether or not we consent to waive the relevant time limits.
COMPLAINTS SETTLED WITHIN 3 BUSINESS DAYS
Complaints that can be settled to your satisfaction within 3 business days can be recorded and communicated as a summary resolution communication.
Where we consider a complaint to be resolved to your satisfaction under this section, we will promptly send you a written communication which:
- Refers to the fact that you have made a MIFID complaint and informs you that we now consider the complaint to have been resolved;
- We will tell you that if you subsequently decide that you are dissatisfied with the resolution of the complaint you may be able to refer the complaint back to us for further consideration or alternatively refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service;
- Indicates whether or not the we consent to waive the relevant time limits, (where we have discretion in such matters)
- Provide the website address of the Financial Ombudsman Service; and
- Refer to the availability of further information on the website of the Financial Ombudsman Service.
In addition to sending you a written communication, we may also use other methods to communicate the information where:
- We consider that doing so may better meet your needs; or
- We have already been using another method to communicate about the complaint.
CLOSING A COMPLAINT
We will consider a complaint closed when we have made our final response to you. This does not prevent you from exercising any rights you may have to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
FINANCIAL OMBUDSMAN SERVICE
We will co-operate fully with the Ombudsman in resolving any complaints made against us and agree to be bound by any awards made by the Ombudsman. The firm undertakes to pay promptly any fees levied by the Ombudsman.
The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR
Tel: 0800 023 4567 (free for most people ringing from a fixed line) or 0300 123 9123 (cheaper for those calling using a mobile) or +44 (0)20 7964 0500 (if calling from abroad)
Email: [email protected]